NAUI OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVER COURSE DETAILS:
YOUR COURSE INSTRUCTOR: NICK STOW
NAUI OPEN WATER SCUBA DIVER
This is an entry-level scuba certification course and is taught by highly trained NAUI Instructors at locations all over the world. You will learn the knowledge and skills needed to dive independently. After completing this course students will be able to participate in open water diving activities, up to a maximum depth of 18m without the need of supervision.
Your NAUI Open Water Scuba Diver courses will cover the foundational topics such as:
- Equipment use and handling
- Confined water skill development
- Open water skill development
- Rescue, Emergency and problem solving for scuba diving
- Conservation and Reducing environmental impact
- Underwater navigation
- Diving science
- Dive tables
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
- You want to scuba dive without the need of supervision?
- You want to scuba dive safely?
- You’d like to explore the underwater world?
- You want to participate in diving while on holiday?
FORMAT / DURATION 2.5 DAYS
The NAUI Scuba Diver course includes:
- Classroom Sessions (optional)
- Confined-Water Session
- 4 Open-Water Sessions
- Access to NAUI's Worldwide E Learning platform
The schedule and layout/order of these sessions varies slightly depending on your needs and weather conditions.
- Swimming or snorkeling experience
- Good health and fitness
- 15 years of age (Junior certification for ages 10-14 years of age)
WHAT TO BRING
For this course, each diver is responsible for bringing his or her own equipment if possible, gear will be rented if needed.
- Mask & Snorkel
- Full Wetsuit Weight-Belt
- Scuba Fins
- BCD and Regulator
Classroom: NAUI Training Salt River / Cape Town
Pool session: TBD (1/2 Day)
4 Open Water sessions: Local dive spots around False Bay (4x½days)
- Includes access to NAUI Worldwide E Learning platform
- Digital Certification
- Access to NAUI mobile app
- Access to pool facility
- Equipment rental if necessary